Lots of stuff (menu/level + gameplay + feedback)

First of, I want to apologize for not posting last week.

I have been quite busy, but now I took the time to share my progress.

To start with, I redid the menu whole menu scene, taking the environment of the playable level, and using our final models. Redid the transition animations to match this scene and optimizing some things in the scene.
https://gyazo.com/524bbc767a66bdb676972bd5790c68eb
I also added more feedback for the player to the radio.
https://gyazo.com/5d30d7f1367c43ece79117b0a151b7cc
I also worked on fixing the pause scene, with help of Thomas who fixed the mouse/cursor issue.

As for the game-play, I added a flickering behavior when you get hit.

Also, the arms now follow the camera rotation, so that when you look up or down, your arms will follow.
https://gyazo.com/b6cd7339329110f46422181800b9c936

To finish this up, I also looked already a bit in cleaning and reorganizing the assets in our project that were obsolete or not used. Further work will be done on this.

Sky box and outside props

This week I’ve made a new skybox which fits the style way better then a normal one, just a clean gradient but in my opinion it looks awesome!

team07_prod_067

After that I did again some modeling, this time I made some traffic signs and other props for the road!

team07_prod_068

That’s it for this week!

Guns, more challenges and lots of tweaking

So this week I started with making the AI able to drop guns, yes guns! (currently handguns, shotguns and AK47’s) The player is able to pickup guns when dropped and shoot them as long as the ammo lasts.
I also implemented the GUI for the ammo (see right corner of the screen, each guntype has it’s own image.

team07_prod_066

Appart from that I also added 2 more challenges, one to get the police to the building and one to get the army there (by smashing and killing a lot).

I also tweaked the following:

  • I replaced the timer GUI  clock image with a stopwatch image. I also added a red circle to make clearer it’s a timer and not just a clock.
  • The police army now spawn after more damage is dealth to add more of a challenge.
  • Changed the default font to a more toony like font.
  • Made “Challenge completed” pop-ups to pop unto your screen when completing a challenge.
  • Edited the game over text and replaced it to an image with an outline.
  • Fixed some bugs including shooting your entire magazine at once, falling damage, the bloodmask acting weird and sideways shooting.

 

More Bugfixes and Tweaking

Hello everyone,

it makes me proud to say that I think our little game is shaping up quite well. But this also means that now there are not that many elements left to implement. Now it is more improving what we already have or fixing the mistakes we made.

Included in these fixes from my side are, bigger Particle systems. Preventing our AI from suiciding, Giving the AI actual AIM and several smaller bugfixes.

We also looked into some ragdoll mechanic that we can hopefully present soon in the future.

Car, AK, Toilet models and minor tweaks

This week I’ve modeled some more items for the programmers like a car and an ak. I also made our toilet cabine so people don’t have to watch each other when they are on the toilet.

team07_prod_063team07_prod_064

 

team07_prod_065

Last but not least I did some things like making important items bigger. Example of this are hands and the baseball bat.

team07_prod_062

 

Flega cafe preparation

So this week is kind of a late post because I kept forgetting to make one.

I’ve mainly worked on getting our game ready to show to a small public. First I’ve made a few more props for the kitchen in the building.

team07_prod_056

After that I did level decoration to make sure the building was interesting to walk in.

team07_prod_057

And last but not least I’ve made the cardboard to make our boot on the flega cafe nice and appealing!

team07_prod_058

Thats it for this week!

Character Prefabs and Bugfixing

Hello like probably read in the posts of my teammates this week was kinda chaotic we had the opportunity  to show our game to some people and for that we wanted to use our main level for which we had to fix several bugs.

I also implemented some prefabs with the actual character models for the different enemies and assigned them an animation. The animation part was done very quickly in a hurry by me so if I would like to redo it in the near future.

 

team07_prod_055