This week I started with updating the new UI, including a new health symbol and giving the meelee weapins an icon as well when they’re equiped.
After that I finished the vending machines which were actually planned a while ago, but they’re now fully functional!
The last thing I did this was giving the player a bonus multiplier each time they finish a challenge. The time the bonus lasts depends on how many challenges the player was able to complete.
this week I implemented also the grenade so the Player can use it like the AI. I also implemented an small GameOver screen once the player dies with some buttons. Like always additionaly to that some small bugfixes here and there and some additions to the Worker BehaviourTree.
The Grenade implementation eventhough simple was in the harder than expected because I hade to make it with all the scripts affecting the player.
The GameOver script is for now very simple and not the most stunning but it is useable.
This week my job was cleaning the building!
The building has gotten a few floors less in height for performance and time limitations.
After that I cleaned up the staircase area and fixed the colors there.
When that was done I finished decorating 3 more floors, one more to go.
The boss office.
To finish up I also added a few more props/prefabs + breakable.
Crunch week is here, Let’s see how much more we can create in 7 days!
Be sure to stay updated, because things are changing quick!
This week I’ve filled the parking lot and road with props and cars. For the cars I made different textures so they have multiple colors, for the road I made more props like a road sign, barrier and lights.
I’ve also done a lot of small stuff, like making more animations, making more floor meshes and make em ready to be implemented and make buttons for the elevator to be easily handled.
The next week is the last one before our exam! So we are going to work hard and bring a lot more polishing to the game.
See you in a week!
First of, I want to apologize for not posting last week.
I have been quite busy, but now I took the time to share my progress.
To start with, I redid the menu whole menu scene, taking the environment of the playable level, and using our final models. Redid the transition animations to match this scene and optimizing some things in the scene.
I also added more feedback for the player to the radio.
I also worked on fixing the pause scene, with help of Thomas who fixed the mouse/cursor issue.
As for the game-play, I added a flickering behavior when you get hit.
Also, the arms now follow the camera rotation, so that when you look up or down, your arms will follow.
To finish this up, I also looked already a bit in cleaning and reorganizing the assets in our project that were obsolete or not used. Further work will be done on this.
This week I’ve made a new skybox which fits the style way better then a normal one, just a clean gradient but in my opinion it looks awesome!
After that I did again some modeling, this time I made some traffic signs and other props for the road!
That’s it for this week!
This week I worked on getting a parking up and running, and made a road for the cars to drive on and spawn. I also updated the mountain environment.
So this week I started with making the AI able to drop guns, yes guns! (currently handguns, shotguns and AK47’s) The player is able to pickup guns when dropped and shoot them as long as the ammo lasts.
I also implemented the GUI for the ammo (see right corner of the screen, each guntype has it’s own image.
Appart from that I also added 2 more challenges, one to get the police to the building and one to get the army there (by smashing and killing a lot).
I also tweaked the following:
- I replaced the timer GUI clock image with a stopwatch image. I also added a red circle to make clearer it’s a timer and not just a clock.
- The police army now spawn after more damage is dealth to add more of a challenge.
- Changed the default font to a more toony like font.
- Made “Challenge completed” pop-ups to pop unto your screen when completing a challenge.
- Edited the game over text and replaced it to an image with an outline.
- Fixed some bugs including shooting your entire magazine at once, falling damage, the bloodmask acting weird and sideways shooting.
it makes me proud to say that I think our little game is shaping up quite well. But this also means that now there are not that many elements left to implement. Now it is more improving what we already have or fixing the mistakes we made.
Included in these fixes from my side are, bigger Particle systems. Preventing our AI from suiciding, Giving the AI actual AIM and several smaller bugfixes.
We also looked into some ragdoll mechanic that we can hopefully present soon in the future.